Day 5: Last Volunteering Day of The Week

 May 12th, 2023

6 PM CDT


I am beginning to get into the groove of volunteering and getting things done without having to ask any of the staff. Today, I did the tasks rather efficiently, and I helped clean and disinfect the opossum cages. Then, I took turns feeding the birds with two other volunteers. One of the grackles is finally able to eat by itself! It was awesome to be able to see him grow in a matter of only a few days. We also had some more opossums come in today! However, one of the opossums I helped move yesterday managed to escape! No one has seen him anywhere, and he's been gone since before the 4:45 AM staff arrived. We're speculating that he probably managed to escape and reunite with his opossum friends :) But who knows? He might show up in a random place, hopefully by the end of today.

After I went back, I rested for a bit, and I continued working on my infographic projects. It's a slow process, but baby steps are still steps! Overall, today was alright. As much as I enjoy working with the animals, I'm glad the weekend is approaching so I can take a short break to re-energize myself to continue doing my best when I volunteer.


Hours today: 6

Total hours: 28

Comments

  1. I hope you had a good weekend, and I look forward to seeing what the next days bring you! More pics, please!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts