Day 14: Weekly Reflection 2

May 21st, 2023

2 PM CDT

Weekly Reflection 2

Throughout the past week of my volunteer experience at the Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, I encountered various challenges and achievements. It was a week filled with meaningful contributions and personal growth.

One of the challenges I faced during the week was feeling unwell, which led to taking a day off from volunteering. It was a difficult decision, as I wanted to follow my planned schedule. However, prioritizing my health was necessary to ensure I could continue doing my best when I felt better. Despite the setback, I utilized my time at home to focus on my visual projects.

During this week, I had the opportunity to assist with different tasks in the center. Each activity allowed me to play a role in their rehabilitation process, from cleaning opossum cages to feeding the birds. Witnessing the progress and growth of the animals was fulfilling, and I felt like a proud parent almost! :)

Alongside my on-site responsibilities, I dedicated time to working on my visual projects. With my mentor's guidance, I witnessed my drafts transforming into polished infographics that effectively conveyed important messages. It was truly gratifying to see the visual elements come together harmoniously, enhancing the impact and accessibility of the information presented. My mentor's positive feedback and encouragement further motivated me to invest my time and energy into perfecting the designs before returning to campus.

As the week comes to an end, I am grateful for the opportunities to contribute, learn, and grow. The commitment and compassion demonstrated by the staff and fellow volunteers continue to inspire me. Sadly, Monday will be my last day volunteering. But, while my time as a volunteer may soon come to an end, the lessons I have learned here will forever stay with me. I leave the TWRC with a profound appreciation for the dedication and passion that goes into wildlife rehabilitation and a deeper commitment to making a positive impact in wildlife conservation.

Total hours: 70

Comments

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing you soon, and seeing the results of your project! I hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts