Day 10: A Change of Plans

 May 17th, 2023

7 PM CDT


Today was tiring, and I sadly had to leave after finishing the morning shift.

During my morning shift, I cleaned 10+ opossum cages by myself! That alone already took 2 hours.

After, our center received our bug shipments, including mealworms! I never thought I would actually enjoy worms this much, but I sorted the mealworms into their cabinets and genuinely found that pretty therapeutic :) I thought I would have been more grossed out, but I felt relaxed instead.

Regardless of my morning achievements, my headache did not subside, resulting in me leaving at 2PM instead of staying through the afternoon shift. Because of the change of plans, I decided to continue working on my infographics instead to compensate for the lost time. So far, I have made good progress, but I can do better; I just need some better ideas (sigh).

Overall, it's been a tiring day, but I managed to get some work done, and I'm proud of myself nonetheless. I hope I will feel better tomorrow. I felt awful for leaving earlier than I had planned 🥲


Hours today: 7

Hours total: 55

Comments

  1. I'm curious about the opossums - will they be released? Or are they too used to humans to return to wild living? Do they ever give you a nip or bite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be released if they are well and can reproduce! The center tries our best to limit physical interactions with the animals in general so we don't accidentally imprint them. Some are friendlier and they are nicer so I can handle them. Some, however, are "spicier" which will lunge and hiss and do all the opossum defense mechanisms you would imagine :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts